Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Now you can tweet from JBoss Portal

Introducing Twitter portlet for JBoss Portal and Enterprise Portal platform. It's based on twitter4j, Richfaces, JBoss Portlet Bridge.

Using this portlet, you can
  • Update your status
  • Get messages that are sent directly to you (e.g. @prabhatjha in my case)
  • Get list of folks who you are following and get their latest status. List is sortable.
I would say that this is basic but my goal was to have something for folks to get started with. twitter4j exposes various twitter api which you can use to customize this portlet for your need. I will leave that as an exercise for reader (I always wanted to say that ;-) ) Here are some screen shots:





You can grab the code from http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/qa/prabhat/twitter-portlet/ But this portlet can very well run on other portal servers as well if you know what deployment descriptors you need to modify.

No comments: